The new DJM-S9 two-channel mixer for Serato DJ puts the power of personalisation in your hands, with a fast, accurate and customisable crossfader, plus Performance Pads and FX buttons that you can map to suit your preferences. The mixer delivers plug-and-play integration with Serato DJ’s four decks and boasts DVS support, on-board Beat FX, two USB soundcards, and a top-loaded input switcher for seamless DJ transitions.
The DJM-S9 is built to withstand the most rigorous scratch performances and suit every DJ’s style. The proprietary magnetic crossfader is both robust and responsive, with customisable Fader Bumpers, feeling adjust, cut lag and fader curve. The colour-coded Performance Pads give instant access to loops, cues, samples and rolls – or you can reconfigure the pads to trigger your favourite Serato DJ functions.
Plus you can customise the FX buttons and banks to your choice of 55 Serato DJ FX and 15 on-board Beat FX, and manipulate the parameters with a wet/dry dial on each channel. And the FX On/Off lever means you can exit your creative compositions in a flash.
The versatile DJM-S9 is at home in any pro-DJ set-up. DVS control means you can use CDJs and turntables to control Serato DJ; if you don’t use Serato DJ, you can easily access the on-board FX and use the Performance Pads to give tactile performances without the software.
- Tough, responsive Magvel Fader Pro for precision scratch performances
Our proprietary Magvel Fader Pro is packed with features that ensure a reliable response – whatever your performance style:
- Highly responsive operation
The low-latency fader delivers a fast, accurate response, while you can change the operational load using the Feeling Adjust dial. Shock-absorbing Fader Bumpers are included in three materials, so you can choose the level of resistance you prefer.
- Robust build for excellent durability
The DJM-S9 is built to last using a contactless, magnetic crossfader and metal shafts that withstand repeated use over a long period without loss of reliability.
- Configurable Curve and Reverse
You can adjust the crossfader’s curve characteristics to suit your style and use Reverse to switch the cut lag from the bottom to the top.
- Highly responsive operation
- Multi-coloured Performance Pads for physical performances
The DJM-S9 has large Performance Pads that are precision engineered for accuracy and rapid response. You can use the sixteen multi-coloured pads – eight on each deck – to trigger and manipulate features including Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer and Loop. Or you can choose to map the pads to other functions within Serato DJ. The organic EL display screen shows what mode is in use, and you can allocate pad colours to Hot Cues in Serato DJ for an even stronger visual cue.
- Customisable buttons give access to a host of on-board and Serato DJ FX
The DJM-S9 draws on the enduring legacy of the DJM-909 battle mixer to give you a comprehensive range of high-quality FX to choose from. Six customisable banks on each side of the mixer, plus two in the middle, give you instant access to all your favourite Pioneer DJ and Serato DJ FX. You can use the large RMX-1000 style lever to trigger FX briefly, lock them on, or exit arrangements quickly.
- 15 on-board Beat FX: Six dedicated buttons trigger the popular Echo, Delay, Reverb, Flanger, Phaser and Trans in time with the BPM; or you can replace these with other on-board Beat FX.
- 55 Serato DJ FXi: You can map the six buttons, and two additional banks, to your favourite Serato DJ FX powered by iZotope.
- Filter FX: A high pass/low pass filter on each channel lets you manipulate FX; you can switch this for other filters and FX, including Dub, Echo, Noise and Pitch.
- Two USB soundcards, four-deck support and top-loaded input switcher
The DJM-S9 is the ultimate plug-and-play Serato DJ mixer, with two USB soundcards to let two DJs play back-to-back seamlessly. The input switcher is on the top of the mixer, so there’s no need to fiddle around at the back of the unit between sets. You can switch between all four Serato DJ decks, while DVS support makes the DJM-S9 ideal if you prefer to play using CDJs or turntables. Plus you can record directly to the software during performance.
- Pro-DJ design for accurate sound reproduction
The DJM-S9 inherits its high-quality audio circuitry from our flagship DJM-2000NXS. The power inlet is designed to reduce resistance and deliver the stable sound needed in loud club environments.
- MIC input features Echo FX and high-quality circuitry to eliminate unwanted distortion
- Clip display shows when input levels are too high
- Peak limiter eliminates distortion on the Master output
- Built-in switchable 3-band isolator (+6 dB to -∞dB)
- Fully MIDI compatible
- Adjustable brightness
- Lightweight and portable